Monday, April 5, 2010

Prenatal Exam: 28 Weeks

I had my 28 week prenatal exam last Wednesday. I will now start going every two weeks until week 36, then, every week!

Everything is progressing normally. I measured at 27cm and the heartbeat was a little slower - in the 140s. She also felt for the position of his body. At the time, he was head down and she could even feel his hands. I was able to feel the head, but I couldn't find the hands. Robert couldn't even feel the head, but I think he just didn't realize what he was feeling.

I had to get a glucose screening test to check for gestational diabetes. That was tramatic to say the least - not the first one, but because they didn't tell me what to do, Robert and I decided to go walk around and I had a drink of his coffee and a couple bites of sandwich that he got at the cafeteria in the hospital while we were waiting. So when they got the test results back, my level was 137 when it should be under 130. (Needless to say, I was supposed to be sitting in the waiting area and not eating or drinking anything, even water.)

So I had to go back on Friday. Luckily, Robert was with me because I had to sit in the waiting room for three hours and have my blood drawn FOUR TIMES! Did I mention this was also a fasting test? So I went without food or drink for over twelve hours?! It's so irritating. Hopefully, I will get the results back soon, because I have a feeling it will say I'm normal and we just screwed up the first test. Otherwise, I have to go in for nutrition counseling.

No comments: