
They started the Pitocin around 1 pm (I'm guessing here b/c I didn't look at the clock). Then they stopped it around 2:30 because the nurse thought he was having problems handling the contractions. She thought his heartrate was dropping off after the contraction which means the placenta isn't doing it's job. -- The midwife thought everything looked fine though so they started it up again.
It took me until 8:45 that night to progress from 1.5 cm to 3 cm. But after that I got into the tub because I was struggling with the contractions. That helped to relax me so much that Robert went out and asked the nurse why my contractions had stopped! (They hadn't. I was just able to handle them better with the water.) Right before I got out of the tub, I felt like I couldn't handle it anymore. I needed a break and was ready to "concede" to the epidural. -- Looking back I can't believe I doubted that I was in transition at the time. I just figured there was no way I could have progressed that quickly.
I finally felt like getting out at about 10:20 p.m. The student midwife wanted to check me to see how much I'd progressed. She was so shocked to feel his head she had the midwife check me as well. A little after 10:30 I started pushing and our little baby boy made it into the world at 11:06 p.m. on Monday June 28.
He weighed 7 pounds 4 ounces and was 19.5 inches long. He is such a blessing to us and we are so happy to have him in our lives!
2 comments:
'So happy for you, Laura and Robert!
Welcome to the world, Baby Benedict! What a blessing you are!
Looking forward to seeing more pictures of your adorable baby boy...
What a wonderful time in your lives ! Congrats on your handling your " labor of love " with finesse ! Good job, well done Laura...you too Robert !
Post a Comment