I am finally getting around to posting about food which I stated as a topic when I first started writing again this year in May! The good thing is I have read more and know more about it now than I did when I mentioned it previously. This is going to be a short series about what I have learned regarding true nutrition and health. Like I mentioned previously, you might be shocked by what you find here, but I urge you to read and research for yourselves.
These are the books I have enjoyed reading thus far.
- Real Food: What to Eat and Why by Nina Planck
- Nourishing Traditions: The Cookbook that Challenges Politically Correct Nutrition and the Diet Dictocrats by Sally Fallon and Mary Enig
Other books that I would like to read on this topic include:
- The Untold Story of Milk, Revised and Updated: The History, Politics, and Science of Nature’s Perfect Food: Raw Milk from Pasture-Fed Cows by Ron Schmid
- Know Your Fats: The Complete Primer for Understanding the Nutrition of Fats, Oils, and Cholesterol by Mary Enig
- Eat Fat, Lose Fat: The Healthy Alternative to Trans Fats by Mary Enig and Sally Fallon
- Real Food for Mother and Baby: The Fertility Diet, Eating for Two, and Baby’s First Foods by Nina Planck
- The Omnivore’s Dilemma: A Natural History of Four Meals by Michael Pollan
- In Defense of Food: An Eater's Manifesto by Michael Pollan
Many of these books you may be able to find at your local library, but I would recommend buying Nourishing Traditions because of its depth of knowledge and recipes.
I have some topics that I am currently planning to write about, but I may add more as I go along, which is something I seem to do often with these series! Posts for the series are (currently):
- Introduction
- What is Real Food?
- Why Eat Real Food, Part I
- Why Eat Real Food, Part II
- Why You Will Feel Better Eating It
- Raw Milk* and Other Dairy
- Article I
- Meat, Eggs, and Good Fats
- Article II and More
- Vegetable Oils and Bad Fats
- Real Whole Wheat
- Article III and More
- Natural Sugars and Eating Less of Them!
- Eliminate Processed Foods
- Know Your Ingredients, Read Your Labels
- Article IV
- “Natural” Can Be Deceiving
- Why is Organic Better?
- Not all “Organic” is Good Food
- So What About Snacks and Dessert?!
I wanted to add two links to my favorite blogs to read for nourishing, real food recipes: Heavenly Homemakers, and Kitchen Stewardship

2 comments:
I shall wait with bated breath as I continue to consume processed products, blissfully ignorant of their affects.
Very cute dear!
Post a Comment