Thursday, July 2, 2009

Busy Day (yesterday)


I achieved another goal!!

I finally made my own bread!!!!! I used the recipe from The Happy Housewife. I had to make one loaf short and fat because I currently only have one loaf pan (we're getting me another one very soon!!). And it's delicious - when Robert tries it, I'll let you know what he thinks, since my opinion could be bias.

I'm so excited to be making my own bread. I don't think I'll go back to buying it unless I have to. I really enjoyed it (making and eating)!

I even ate the heel - and if you know much about me, you know that I hate edges, crust, and heels! But I ate it and it was good! I have been changing in that regard as well. I used to despise leftovers and now (if I made it) I'll eat them! I am thoroughly enjoying making homemade food for my family.

Yesterday, I also made Cheesy Potato Casserole (to which I added 1t garlic powder and 1T parsley flakes - it is delicious) and Potato Salad yesterday so my kitchen was a mess! But it's clean now and ready for me to make tomato sauce. I'm using up the last of our spaghetti sauce tonight and pizza sauce tomorrow so I will be using homemade for pizza sauce and spaghetti sauce from now on.

No comments: