Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Visit Seattle - Space Needle

I want to start writing more about what we're doing/places we've visited so that you can get a feel for the area and also - so you might visit these wonderful places too! Yesterday I wrote about Mount Rainier, and today I'm going to write a little about the Space Needle.


It has excellent food! I've eaten brunch and lunch and both are exceptional! The food tastes fresh and light and the portions are perfect.
- Hint: it's recommended that you make reservations. Both times that I've made reservations we arrived about 15 to 30 minutes early and still got seated right away. (You do have to wait 5 -10 minutes for the elevator though.)

Both times I've been to the Space Needle the sky was a little cloudy, so I couldn't see Mount Rainier from the Sky Deck. But the view was still beautiful.
- Hint: go when it's sunny and the humidity is low so that you can see the mountains!

You also learn a few things - when you're going up in the elevator, the staff gives you a few facts and you can ask your waiter/waitress questions also.

Quick Facts I've learned:
  • Puget Sound is 930 feet deep at the deepest point!
  • Puget Sound is completely salt water.
  • There are even octupi and sharks that live in the waters!
  • Space Needle was built for the 1962 World's Fair.
  • It is 605 feet (60 stories) high.
Views from the Needle ...


No comments: