I added the last part in parentheses because my title made me think of a country song - which actually is kind of relatable.
I decided to leave the sheets for later in the week (that's supposed to be my self-appointed duty for today). I have something for every weekday. Not only to keep me occupied but also so I don't feel overwhelmed with everything piling up. I've been starting to realize lately that I've changed so much in my thinking and overall attitude over the past few years. Almost every day something comes up that makes me think "wow, I used to believe something completely different".
For instance, yesterday, I was folding laundry which I now do twice a week and thinking how I actually love doing laundry now. But I used to hate laundry so much I would literally let it pile up for weeks to the point where I would have to wash 3+ full loads (when I was living by myself)!
Another example, I used to think I would have just 2 children one girl and one boy and now I understand that every child is a blessing from God and I'm hoping He grants me the privilege of raising a large family. Then there's the fact that I used to think bottles were acceptable even if you were breastfeeding, and now I know the best way to follow God's plan for life is to ecologically breastfeed (no bottles, no pacifiers, exclusive breastfeeding for 6+ mos, etc).
It just amazes me how every day I see God opening my eyes to something wonderful about my vocation and how I can find blessings even in the every day chores!
I started reading this blog on Faith & Family - which led to me adding the quote by Mother Teresa to my blog. It was about this couple in Quebec who are suing the hospital whose ethics committee overturned their decision to stop the feeding tube for their infant daughter. One woman in the comments even brought up something that I've never heard of called "wrongful life"/"wrongful-birth" suits where the parents sue the doctor for not finding a disease in-utero that would have led them to abort their child. Some people's gall just astounds me.
1 comment:
Thanks for adding me to your followings. :) I surfed over to get to know you.
I am amazed at just how much God has changed my mindon a lot of things... I never thought I would be an at-home mom, that's for darn sure! I was on the fast track to medical school to become an OB/GYN... and then when I became a mother, everything changed. :)
I remember that story! I was so appalled, and so very sad to read it. :(
Nice to meet you, welcome to the blogging world!
Post a Comment