Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Knots, Knots, and More Knots

Yesterday was pretty busy. I ended up doing three full loads of laundry. Also, we finally fixed the nightstand that got broken by the movers. I still get irritated whenever I look at my furniture (2 bookcases, file cabinet, nightstand, sofa table). I am so turned off now by paying for movers because of all the damage that was done this past time. Whenever we have to move again - Robert better be here! Because I'm not paying anyone to damage my furniture again!

As you can see by my book list, I'm learning to tie knots. Robert called me his "little boatswains mate"! I just think it's fun and interesting. And some of the knots are really beautiful. A crown knot is the one I learned on the ship - I found that in the book I bought over the weekend.

Crown Knot (the one I learned on the ship)
Photobucket

Good Luck Knot (I think it should be called a Double Crown)
Photobucket

Simple Chain Knot
Photobucket

Braid Knot
Photobucket

Chinese Button Knot (says it can be used in place of a button on clothing)
Photobucket

Fireman's Chair Knot (one loop goes behind the armpits and the other one at the knees - used to lower people down from buildings)
Photobucket

No comments: